Category: Internship / contract
Job Title: Internship Communications
About EuropeActive – The European Health and Fitness Association
EuropeActive is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the whole of the European health and fitness sector in Brussels. The European health & fitness sector serves over 60 million consumers, employs 650,000 people, and consists of 59,055 facilities. Alongside its significant economic contribution, the sector has a major role to play in making a more active and healthy Europe.
EuropeActive aims to co-operate with the European Union and other international organisations to achieve its objective to get MORE PEOPLE | MORE ACTIVE | MORE OFTEN.
Traineeship at EuropeActive. We’re looking for a committed trainee to support the Executive Director. Placement in our Brussels office alongside the members of our Executive Team.
- Execution of the communication plan
- Coordination and production of content for publications (digital newsletter, press releases, etc)
- Coordination and production of monthly articles for magazines of health & fitness industry
- Drafting a monthly blog
- Monthly production of the EuropeActive Newsletter and EREPS Newsletter
- Drafting speeches for President and Executive Director
- Communicate the implications and findings to our network of members and stakeholders through our websites, newsletters and social media,
- Creation of brochures and event leaflets
- Creation of presentations
- Assist in the organisation of EuropeActive events and conferences, organising meeting facilities, travel, logistic and amenities
- Providing organizational and operational support in the planning, management and execution of all major EuropeActive events and meetings
- Advice and support EuropeActive’s executive director
- Relevant degree (Communications, Journalism)
- Fast learner and willingness to learn about the European fitness sector, strategy and work plan to appreciate and relate to our vision and principles,
- Ability to articulate and communicate effectively,
- Excellent English language communication skills, and other languages are welcome,
- Ability to write succinctly and accurately and to produce concise and effective briefings, having assimilated detailed and lengthy reports/consultation papers,
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), InDesign and/or Photoshop.
- You will need to be able to work in a small team, and to be self-disciplined,
- To work with tight deadlines,
- To have a “can do” attitude, to be flexible and a team player,
- A personal interest in fitness, sport and physical activity.
We will offer:
- A first-class opportunity to work in a very dynamic sector,
- As a player in a small team to be able to demonstrate originality and aptitude,
- To learn more about the EU Institutions and their workings,
- The prospect of permanent employment in our EU affairs team.
Payment: a monthly remuneration at 800 EUR.
Start date: 07-01-2019
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Avenue des Arts 43, Brussels, B-1040
Deadline for applications: To apply, please send your CV (in Europass format) together with a covering letter which explains your motivation and how you think you can respond to the job requirements as outlined. Please send this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “internship – YOUR NAME” in the subject box.
Selection process: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed at our Brussels office. If this is not possible, we can arrange for a telephone/Skype interview. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest in working with EuropeActive and we wish you every success in your career.