2016 International Standards Meeting
- Jul 18, 2016
Shaping the future of Exercise Professionals
We are delighted to announce the 7th International Standards Meeting (ISM) will be held at the Hotel Titania, Athens, Greece on the 17th - 18th November 2016.
A must attend event for training providers and owner/operators of health & fitness centres.
The annual International Standards Meeting has already become the most relevant occasion for cooperation in the worldwide fitness sector with an agreed global approach to improve education, recognition and social impact of exercise professionals and the fitness sector worldwide. This event brings together key stakeholders from the fitness industry including employers, training providers, suppliers, national associations and the representatives of national registers of exercise professionals from across Europe and around the globe for lively debate in an open and inspirational environment.
This is a unique opportunity to meet with a selected team of experts in an open and inspirational environment to discuss strategies on how to communicate and implement the standards and to ensure the European health & fitness sector remains at the cutting edge of professional development.
The ISM 2016 will also include a full social programme including a guided tour of the old city and a private dinner in a restaurant with a great view of the Acropolis and the rest of this beautiful and historic city.
ISM - a thought provoking event for the fitness sector
The topic for this years ISM will be 'Shaping the future of Exercise Professionals' and we have a full programme of events for delegates including;
- Elena Kountoura, the Greek Minister of Tourism
- Giorgos Kaminis, the Mayor of Athens
- Voula Kozompoli, the President of the Greek Olympic Winners Union
- Maria Maridaki, Health & Fitness Teacher University of Athens
Keynote Speaker, Jamie Edwards
- Jamie Edwards, Sports Psychologist, trainedbrain
- Niels Nagel, Deutscher Industrieverband für Fitness und Gesundheit.
- Richard Cotton, National Director of Certification at American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Anthony Wall, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Marco Petrin, ELAV
- Francesco Bertiato, Technogym
- Alexis Batrakoulis, GR.A.F.T.S. Hellas
- Graham Melstrand, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Brian Biagioli, US National Council on Strength & Exercise
- Tatiana Polukhina, FRAF
- George Xiros, Studio One Institute of Fitness
- Jean-Ann Marnoch, Les Mills UK
- Rita Santos Rocha, Professional Standards Committee
- Jennifer Halsall, Basic Fit International
Please note the delegate fee does not include accommodation. We have negotiated a special delegate rate at the Titania Hotel, the venue for the event. To book your accommodation at the please download and complete the booking form and return direct to the hotel.
Olive Garden Restaurant
The 2016 International Standards Meeting is priced at;
Accredited Training Providers/EuropeActive members:
€245.00 if booked before the 28th September 2016 - €275.00 if booked after
€295.00 if booked before the 28th September 2016 - €325.00 if booked after
The delegate fee also includes lunch on day 1, tea/coffee, rooftop yoga session with Joanna Drandaki, Guided Athens city walk and a Networking dinner with a stunning view of the city at the Olive Garden Restaurant on Hotel Titania’s 10th floor.