2015 International Standards Meeting
- Jun 29, 2015
2015 International Standards Meeting (ISM)
We are delighted to announce the 6th International Standards Meeting (ISM) will be held at the Go-Fit Olivias Health & Fitness Club in Lisboa, Portugal on 28-29 October, 2015.
The annual International Standards Meeting has already become the most relevant occasion for cooperation in the worldwide fitness sector with an agreed global approach to improve education, recognition and social impact of exercise professionals and the fitness sector worldwide.
This is a unique opportunity to meet with a selected team of experts in an open and inspirational environment to discuss strategies on how to communicate and implement the standards and to ensure the European health & fitness sector remains at the cutting edge of professional development.
The topic for this years ISM will be Accreditation and Registration – How to leverage the educational standards in fitness and we have a full two day programme of events for delegates including;
- Leonor Gallardo Guerrero, PhD, University of Castilla La Mancha, Spain
- Ola Furseth, Managing Director at Active Education, Norway
- Jennifer Halsall-Wilson, International Fitness Manager at BasicFit, The Netherlands
- Matthew Januszek, Escape Fitness, UK
- Susana Franco, Sport Science School of Rio Maior, Portugal
- Ari Langinkoski, Trainer4You, Finland
- Nuno Pimenta, Sport Science School of Rio Maior, Portugal
- Alexis Batrakoulis, GR.A.F.T.S, Greece
- Cliff Collins, EuropeActive, UK
- Nicolas Förderer, 6-directions, Denmark
- Kirsty Matthews, Johnson Health Tech, Iberia
- Francesco Bertiato, Technogym
- Leon Rudge, Life Fitness
- Vera Simões, Sport Sciences School of Rio Maior, Portugal
- Hugo Braam, Virtuagym, Netherlands
- Dave Wright, MYZONE®, UK
Workshops and Roundtable discussions for Training Providers/Suppliers
- EuropeActive accreditation and standards – learn from the past and shape the future
- The European position is changing – How the new composition of the European Commission will affect the European fitness sector (ESCO, Social Dialogue etc.)
- Technological support for fitness facilities and services
- Exercise with mobile apps – where is the place for exercise professionals?
Workshops for Exercise Professionals
- Continuous improvement and revision of current standards: Fitness and Group Fitness Instructor (EQF-level 3)
- Evolutionary personal training and weight management: the new era of the European fitness industry
- Continuous improvement and revision of current standards: Personal Trainer (EQF-level 4)
- Group exercise – from old to new!
Activity break ISM 2014
Please note the delegate fee does not include accommodation. EuropeActive suggests the Vip Art’s Hotel where we have arranged a special rate for delegates. To book your accommodation at the Vip Art’s Hotel please download and complete the booking form below and return direct to the hotel.
The 2015 International Standards Meeting is priced at;
€245 for non-EuropeActive members
€195 for EuropeActive members
The delegate fee also includes lunch on both days, tea/coffee, morning work out sessions at Go-Fit, Lisboa City Tour by bus and get together dinner in “Pateo Alfacinha” (a typical Lisboa restaurant with fado).