We have an extensive programme of developing our capacity in EU projects and we’re looking for a committed graduate-level EU Project & Policy Officer to work in our Brussels office alongside the members of our Executive Team. The position is for 6-month internship, but for a suitable, experienced candidate we could consider an appointment on a permanent employment contract. Some of the main areas of concern for EU projects and policy includes:
- • Support the team in writing EU project applications
- • Support the team in the implementation and monitoring of EU co-funded project (administrative & financial monitoring, organising meetings & events, contact with partners, etc.)
- • Policy monitoring related to health-enhancing physical activity, anti-doping, skills, vocational education and training.
- • Raising awareness of EU projects and initiatives through social media, workshops, conferences, and other tools.
- • Participation in stakeholder and project meetings in Brussels, EU member states and partner countries.
What we will expect:
- • A relevant Master degree (e.g. European studies / EU project management)
- • Good knowledge of EU Programmes (particularly Erasmus+ programme)
- • A fast learning about the European fitness sector, and our existing strategy and workplan to appreciate and relate to our vision and principles,
- • An ability to articulate and communicate effectively,
- • Excellent information gathering skills,
- • Working knowledge of the main EU Institutions and their functions,
- • Excellent English language communication skills (C1), and other languages are welcome,
- • Ability to write succinctly and accurately and to produce concise and effective briefings, having assimilated detailed and lengthy reports/consultation papers,
- • Good working knowledge of standard Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.),
- • Knowledge of EU policy related to skills, VET and employment.
- • Understanding of EU transparency tools (EQF, ESCO, ECVET etc.).
- • You will need to be able to work in a small team, and to be self-disciplined,
- • To work with tight deadlines,
- • To have a “can do” attitude, to be flexible and a team player,
- • Probably have completed previous experience in another EU NGO or the EU institutions,
- • A personal interest in fitness, sport and physical activity.
We will offer:
- • A first-class opportunity to work in a very dynamic sector,
- • To learn more about the EU Institutions and their working (programmes, funding etc.),
- • As a player in a small team to be able to demonstrate originality and aptitude,
- • To work with a multicultural and dynamic young European team,
- • The prospect of employment in our EU affairs/project team.
Payment: Payment and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Start date: As soon as possible or latest 02/03/2020.
Location: House of Sport, Avenue des Arts/ Kunstlaan 43, Brussels, B-1040
Deadline for applications: Please send your CV in EUROPASS format together with a covering letter which outlines your expectations for the internship and how you think you can respond to the job requirements as outlined to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “EU PROJECT & POLICY OFFICER – YOUR NAME” in the subject box.
Selection process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to complete a short test. If successful, we will invite potential candidates to an interview between 27-29th January or 12-14th February 2020 at our Brussels office. If this is not possible, we can arrange for a telephone/Skype interview. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for a test.
Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest in working with EuropeActive and we wish you every success in your career.