MEMBER SERVICES OFFICER - Employment
Experience: 2-5 years
Deadline: 15-03-2021 - applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Start: As soon as possible
Job title: Member Services Officer
EuropeActive – The European Association for the Fitness & Physical Activity sector
The European fitness sector serves over 64.8 million consumers, generates 28.2 billion Euro in revenue, employs 750,000 people, and consists of approximately 64,000 facilities. In 2019 they increased by 72%, and 9.7% of all European citizens aged over 15 are users of fitness facilities.
Our vision is to be the leading European voice for the fitness and physical activity sector to get MORE PEOPLE | MORE ACTIVE | MORE OFTEN.
- Lead the Member Services role referring to EuropeActive memberships - potential/new member requests, new member applications towards membership/partnership with EuropeActive.
- Collaborate with EuropeActive Executive Director & EuropeActive Finance referring new membership/partnership contracts & invoicing. Coordinate and manage membership sign up and payment process.
- Contacting potential and current members referring to their cooperation with EA, common projects, sponsorship arrangements.
- Ensuring well-informed answers to general requests and membership enquiries.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment and renewal strategies in consultation with Member Services department.
- Maintain an efficient membership administration, updating membership information on the database, analyzing and reporting on the membership evolution.
- Assisting role for Events Management. Assist in the organization of EuropeActive events and communications, organizing meeting facilities, event registration processes, logistics and amenities.
- Providing organizational and operational support in the planning, management and execution of all major EuropeActive events and meetings.
- Support in Accreditations/Accredited Training Providers/EREPS members general administrational matters (registration of EREPS graduates via Training Providers, support for individual EREPS registrations).
- Permanent liaison with Administration & Finance, Communications, IT & Events teams
- Support Brussels office team in office management, take care of general necessities for running the office (internet, phone, any other suppliers-contacts when necessary), to provide help arranging catering, conference location and media tools rental when necessary for the internal and external meetings, to be the primary contact person at Brussels office in regard to general administrative/office matters. Front/secretariat email support.
- Relevant degree (Business Administration or related field)
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Experience in commercial customer/client service environment and working in a pan-European team
- Fast learner and willingness to learn about the European fitness sector, strategy and work plan to appreciate and relate to our vision and principles,
- Ability to analyse data and produce reports
- IT and administration skills (CiviCRM or similar)
- Ability to articulate and communicate effectively,
- Excellent English language communication skills, other languages are welcome,
- Ability to write succinctly and accurately and to produce concise and effective briefings, having assimilated detailed and lengthy reports/consultation papers,
- Knowledge of data protection policies
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Photoshop.
- Able to work in a medium-sized team where we expect you to be self-disciplined with sense of independence and personal responsibility,
- Able to organise your own work, prioritize and work with tight deadlines,
- Have “can do” attitude, to be flexible and a team player,
- A personal interest in fitness, physical activity and sport.
We will offer:
- A first-class opportunity to work in a very dynamic sector,
- As a player in a small team you will be able to demonstrate originality and aptitude,
- To learn more about the EU Institutions and their workings,
- Competitive salary package including benefits
- The prospect of full-time long-term employment subject to performance
Start date: April 2021
Duration: Open-end contract.
Location: Avenue des Arts 43, Brussels, B-1040
Deadline for applications: To apply, please send your CV (in Europass format) together with a covering letter which explains your motivation and how you think you can respond to the job requirements as outlined. Please send this information to: email@example.com with “Member Services Officer – YOUR NAME” in the subject box.
Selection process: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed at our Brussels office or online meeting (depending on Covid restrictions in place). If physical meeting is not possible, we can arrange for a telephone/Skype/Zoom interview. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest in working with EuropeActive and we wish you every success in your career.