Are you familiar with the main EU Institutions, EU project management (ERASMUS+ programme) and sport, health and sustainability policies?
What is EuropeActive?
EuropeActive is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the whole of the European fitness and physical activity sector in Brussels. The European health and fitness sector serves over 62 million consumers, generates 27.2 billion Euros in revenues, employs 750,000 people, and consists of 62,000 facilities. Alongside its significant economic contribution, the sector has a major role to play in making a more active and healthier Europe.
EuropeActive aims to co-operate with the European Union and other international organisations to achieve its objective, to get MORE PEOPLE | MORE ACTIVE | MORE OFTEN.
We have an extensive programme of developing our capacity in EU projects and we are looking for a committed graduate-level EU Project Officer to work in our Brussels office alongside the members of our Executive Team. A 6-month internship is foreseen with the possibility for conversion to a 12-month contract at a higher level of remuneration.
Some of the main areas of concern for EU projects and policy includes:
- Support the team in the implementation and monitoring of EU co-funded project (administrative & financial monitoring, organising meetings & events, contact with partners, etc.)
- Policy monitoring related to health-enhancing physical activity, active ageing, sustainability, anti-doping, etc..
- Participation in stakeholder and project meetings in Brussels, EU member states and partner countries.
- Raising awareness of EU projects and initiatives through social media, workshops, conferences, and other tools.
- Support the team in writing EU project applications.
What we will expect:
- A relevant Master degree (e.g. European studies / EU project management / European Law / International affairs / Sport Management)
- Good knowledge of EU Programmes (particularly Erasmus+ programme)
- A fast learning about the European fitness and physical activity sector, and our existing strategy and workplan to appreciate and relate to our vision and principles,
- An ability to articulate and communicate effectively,
- Excellent information gathering skills,
- Excellent English language communication skills (C1), and other languages are welcome,
- Ability to write succinctly and accurately and to produce concise and effective briefings, having assimilated detailed and lengthy reports/consultation papers,
- Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft 365 environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.).
- Knowledge of EU policy related sport, skills and employment,
- Working knowledge of the main EU Institutions and their functions.
- You will need to be able to work in a small team, and to be self-disciplined,
- To work with tight deadlines,
- To have a “can do” attitude, to be flexible and a team player,
- Probably have completed previous experience in another EU NGO or the EU institutions,
- A personal interest in fitness, sport and physical activity.
We will offer:
- A first-class opportunity to work in a very dynamic sector,
- To learn more about the EU Institutions and their working (programmes, funding etc.),
- As a player in a small team to be able to demonstrate originality and aptitude,
- To work with a multicultural and dynamic young European team,
- The prospect of employment in our EU affairs/project team.
Payment: a monthly remuneration equivalent to €1.000 through the Belgian “Contrat d’Immersion Professionnelle”, and compensation for public transportation costs.
Start date: As soon as possible or at latest 03/10/2022.
Location: European Physical Activity Alliance, Avenue des Arts/Kunstlaan 43, Brussels, B-1040
Deadline for applications: Please send your CV in EUROPASS format together with a cover letter which outlines your expectations for the internship and how you think you can respond to the job requirements as outlined to: email@example.com with “EU PROJECT OFFICER – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Selection process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (online or at our Brussels office, depending on availabilities) at the end of September 2022. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest in working with EuropeActive and we wish you every success in your career.