EuropeActive is excited to welcome their new colleague as soon as possible! The successful candidate will join EuropeActive’s Brussels team, to work on EU Affairs which consists in policy and project work, in sight of best serving our members and sector. The Policy Officer will report to the EU Affairs Manager, and further support them through policy and project activities.
The successful candidate will autonomously monitor, assess, summarise and report their policy topic(s) in parallel to executing project work.
Job description and responsibilities include:
- Project management including timely and quality delivery of project content and activities; administrative, financial and logistical management; continuous and final reporting to the Funder and liaise with them
- Support the writing of project applications
- Represent and work on projects on behalf of the organisation (includes travel)
- Stay updated on the most recent European policy trends and progress in one of the following critical sectors relevant to our members: Health, Digital, and Sustainability. Each of these areas is extensive and offers a chance to thoroughly explore specific points of emphasis for our diverse membership. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to deeply engage, specialise, and take charge of the exploration and development of one of these topics.
- Write regular newsletter articles, briefing notes and policy papers, executive summaries
- Represent the organisation and support the expansion of stakeholder and institutional networks
Requirements: (E=Essential / D= Desirable)
- Relevant university degree
- Completed at least 1 internship in a relevant role(s) (E)
- Sound understanding of European Affairs and of EU funding mechanisms (E)
- Knowledge and/or experience of at least one of the following policy fields: Health, Digital, Sustainability (D)
- Excellent spoken and written English, further European languages are a strong plus (E)
- Familiarity with member-based organisations (D)
- Knowledge/ interest in physical activity and fitness (D)
- The candidate should have sound interpersonal skills, be reliable and be a team player (E)
What we offer:
- Join a dynamic team with an inclusive and friendly atmosphere
- Monthly salary in line with internal salary scale, ranging 2400- 2800 gross, following experience
- A Permanent contract under Belgian law based on 38 hours per week
- Belgian holiday allowance and 13th month, hospitalisation and dental insurance, lunch vouchers, Eco-checks, mobility indemnity, home working indemnity, private pension scheme
- Flexible working environment
How to Apply: We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as we may interview on a rolling basis. EuropeActive is looking to welcome aboard its new colleagues as soon as possible.
- Send a single PDF file including your CV and cover letter (3-page max. for both), which should answer the questions below. Please send your application to email@example.com, with the following email subject: Policy Officer / SURNAME Name
- What accomplishments from previous roles will help you perform well in this job?
- Which knowledge area and skill are your strongest? Which knowledge area and skill can you learn more about?
- Do you have any other skills or knowledge that may be helpful but are not on your CV?
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Deadline: Monday 25 September 2023, 12.00 PM CET
- Start date: as soon as possible