The Healthy Lifestyles for Europe project (HL4EU) will foster a cross-sectoral approach to healthy lifestyles promotion among a variety of stakeholders, in line with the European Commission and WHO’s vision and existing policy initiatives, and in sight of tackling the increasing burden of NCDs and of reducing health inequalities across Europe. The consortium consists of leading national and European representative organisations from different sectors, including, fitness, physical activity, outdoors, health (doctors, patients, and carers) and mobility.
During the project’s 30-month duration, the project partners will raise awareness on the importance of cross-sectoral healthy lifestyle promotion, facilitate cross-sectoral collaboration through the development of a dedicated stakeholder platform, identify and share good practices of cross-sectoral collaboration, and provide input for future policy developments on the topic through a set of policy recommendations. Through these actions, HL4EU will strengthen the sustainability and legacy of the European Commission’s ‘HealthyLifestyles4All’ campaign and provide support to future European policy initiatives in this direction. A variety of actions will be developed to reach the project’s objectives, including the publication of a Call to Action, the identification of good practices through both desk research and active outreach, the development of a stakeholder platform listing good practices, focus group sessions to capture practice-based feedback that will contribute to the policy recommendations, as well as a community building conference and a final conference. The HL4EU project aims to be the start of a structural collaboration between consortium partners and to bring the different sectoral networks closer together to facilitate the implementation of cross-sectoral healthy lifestyles and to spark new collaborations, long outlasting the duration of the project.
Strengthening the sustainability and legacy of the HL4A campaign.
Enabling further sectoral change by identifying and sharing good practices.
Facilitating cross-sectoral collaboration on healthy lifestyle promotion by developing a dedicated stakeholders’ platform.
Contributing to future healthy lifestyles related policy development through policy recommendations.
Raising awareness on the importance of healthy lifestyles with governments, civil society and the general public.
To be successful your content needs to be useful to your readers.
- Call for Action - The Call for Action will be a concise document encompassing the main arguments for the need of a more cross-sectoral approach to healthy lifestyles, and to using physical activity as a preventative measure and ideal medium in achieving so.
- Cross-Sectoral Healthy Lifestyles Platform - The online HL4EU platform will serve as a tool to collect and disseminate information and to foster collaboration. The platform will be continuously updated throughout the project and will be a hub for all project related activities. It will also play a key role in attracting organisations outside of the consortium who want to work on promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Policy Recommendations - As the main legacy of the HL4EU project, the policy recommendations will be at the centre stage of the final dissemination conference and final dissemination efforts.
- Community Building Conference - Held in Brussels in November 2024, this first event is foreseen as an activity to strengthen and grow the HL4EU’s Call to Action and general support. The event will present the project’s vision and mission, and it’s objectives. It will likely include panel discussion(s) on cross-sectoral cooperation for healthy lifestyles.
- Final Conference - Event held in Brussels on May 2026, ideally during and as part of the European Public Health Week. Principal opportunity to disseminate project results, Good practices, and the HL4EU supporters, discussion about HL4EU sustainability.